The free California Motor Vehicle Bill of Sale documents the transfer of ownership of a used motor vehicle from the owner to the purchaser. The instrument is exceptionally straightforward to prepare and is available to print or download in Microsoft Word as well as a free PDF form. You are able to print the bill of sale form and promptly write the required information in the blanks. You can similarly modify the form if you have MS Word or PDF editing software and enter the related information straight into the documentation.
To register a used motor vehicle in the state of California you will need the following documentation:
- Title or Application for Title or Registration
- California Motor Vehicle Bill of Sale
- The title should include the current odometer reading. If not then you must complete the Odometer Disclosure Statement
- If the previous owner of the motor vehicle did not renew the smog certificate within the last 90 days and the vehicle is less than 10 years old, you will need to provide a smog certificate if required by the municipality in which you reside
- Valid form of Identification
- Proof of auto insurance
- California Form REG 227 may be required for the current owner if he or she doesn’t have the current title.
- California Statement of Facts Form 256 may be needed if you wish to claim exemption from the Smog Tax or Use Tax.
Click the web link underneath this paragraph to print or download and save the California motor vehicle bill of sale form in Microsoft Word format completely free. You may also create the California Motor Vehicle Bill of Sale using our free fillable PDF version. The PDF has fillable fields into which you can type the required information.
This California motor vehicle bill of sale form along with all various other legal forms presented free on this website are furnished “as is” without having limited or specific warranties. This consists of, yet is not restrained to, warranty of merchantability or fitness for any type of type of details usage.
This California motor vehicle bill of sale form was not made by an attorney or law practice. It is your duty to figure out if the legal document is legally proper for your necessities. If called for, you have to also make specific that the form is completed filled out as well as additionally notarized and/or witnessed.
As a web site visitor of this web site, you assume all liabilities in addition to answerability for using this California motor vehicle bill of sale form and also completing. We do not assume any kind of legal liabilities or commitment for the precision or performance of the legal documentation.
By retrieving, printing, or implementing this California motor vehicle bill of sale form, you recognize that we will not be held accountable for losses or damages, whether indirect or absolute, originating from the loss of use or loss of revenues cropping up from the use or execution of the legal forms or the form templates used on this online site.