The Delaware Semi Truck Bill of Sale documents the transfer of ownership of a used semi truck from the Seller to the Buyer. This form is specifically worded for the sale of a semi. We offer other specialized bills of sale for pickup trucks, cars, tractors, ATVs, UTVs, golf carts, and trailers.
Do you unquestionably require the Delaware semi truck bill of sale? You could perhaps require that bill of sale as proof that you passed on ownership to somebody else. If there’s any type of doubt over the ownership or transfer of the property, the semi truck bill of sale will be your absolute best defense.
Registering a Semi Truck in Delaware
To register a used semi truck in the State of Delaware you will need the following:
- Manufacturer’s Certificate of Origin
- Delaware Application For Title Form MV-212
- Delaware Semi Truck Bill of Sale (Vehicle Transfer Notification With Buyer Information), which is the title from the previous owner signed over to you
- Proof of inspection
- Proof of insurance
- Valid form of identification
Steps to transfer a semi truck title in Delaware
- For two Delaware residents to transfer a vehicle that is titled in Delaware, the seller must complete and sign the Assignment of Certificate of Title section on the back of the title. The buyer’s name and address, date of sale, purchase price, and mileage must be included.
- The sellers is/are required to sign the title and print their name(s) in the appropriate blocks if ownership is indicated as “AND” on the front of the title. If ownership is indicated as “AND/OR” only one owner is required to complete the seller’s section (Section 1)
- The buyer(s) are also required to sign this section and print their names
- The seller must complete the back of the registration card or the Seller’s Report of Sale at the bottom of the title and forward it to the Division of Motor Vehicles. The report must include the buyer’s name and address, date and hour of the sale and the seller’s signature.
- The buyer must complete the Purchaser’s Application on the back of the title exactly as he or she wants the information to appear on the title. The buyer must provide their driver’s license number and date of birth.
Pay the required titling fee plus the document fee based on the sale price or current NADA average trade-in value of the vehicle, whichever is higher.
In Delaware, a semi truck may not be operated until a new title is issued in the buyer’s name. Failure to transfer a title within 30 days of purchase will result in a late fee.
Example of Delaware Semi Truck Bill of Sale Form
Delaware Semi Truck Bill of Sale Forms
Click the link below to download and save the Delaware semi truck Bill of Sale in Microsoft Word free of charge. You may also create the Semi Truck Bill of Sale using our free fillable PDF version. The PDF has fillable fields into which you can type the required information.
We need to add the list below legal terminology:
This Delaware semi truck bill of sale was made by a experienced and seasoned entrepreneur, not a lawyer or legal specialist. A lot of states do not have individual requirements for a bill of sale unless it involves a motor vehicle, boat, or other property that requires a title required by the state in which the property is being registered.
We definitely would recommend having the Delaware semi truck bill of sale notarized by a notary public, specifically if you are not acquainted with the other party involved in the sale. The notary will validate the identity of both the purchaser and the seller so both individuals are more comfortable concluding the sale.
The semi truck bill of sale and other legal forms available on this website are provided “as is” without any type of conveyed or suggested warranties of any sort of kind. This consists of, but is not restrained to, warranty of fitness for any kind of particular usage or warranty of merchantability. If the semi truck Bill of Sale is legally appropriate for your particular situation, it is your responsibility to identify.
By saving or utilizing the semi truck bill of sale, you assume all liabilities and risks for using the file. We do not assume any type of legal duty or liability for the precision or effectiveness of this legal form. We will not be responsible for damages or financial compensation, whether direct, indirect, or incidental, arising from the loss of use or earnings emerging out of or in connection with the usage or execution of the semi truck bill of sale or any type of other legal form or type template provided on this website.