This Georgia Motor Vehicle Bill of Sale For Truck or Car is free, as are all of our bill of sale templates. The template is available for free download in PDF only. The Georgia Motor Vehicle Bill of Sale For Truck or Car documents the transfer of ownership of a used car from one party to another, namely from the Seller to the Buyer. Be sure to check the requirements of your local motor vehicle office. Some states require that the bill of sale be notarized.
If you sell cars on a regular basis, our free Georgia Motor Vehicle Bill of Sale For Truck or Car will save you a ton of work. Once you customize the document with your seller information, you can save the document and reuse it for future sales. Simply enter the buyer’s information along with the details of the car being sold, and print the finished bill of sale.
Example of Georgia Motor Vehicle Bill of Sale For Truck or Car Form
Required to register a motor vehicle in Georgia
To register a used motor vehicle in the state of Georgia you will need the following:
- Georgia Motor Vehicle Title Application MVR-1 DOR
- Title from previous owner signed over to you
- Georgia Motor Vehicle Bill of Sale For Truck or Car Form
- Certificate of vehicle inspection Form T-22B
- Proof of insurance
- Valid form of identification
Do you need a motor vehicle bill of sale in Georgia?
- A bill of sale is not accepted to transfer the ownership of a vehicle when a Georgia title is required.
- A bill of sale is accepted to transfer the ownership of a vehicle if: a title is not required, a title will be issued on the basis of a court order and the odometer reading must be declared by the vehicle’s seller and acknowledged by the vehicle’s purchaser.
Where to register your motor vehicle in Georgia
- You must register the car within 7 days of purchase or face up to $100 fine.
- If you are an individual, the car can be registered at the county tag office where you live.
- If you are a business, the car can be registered at the county tag office where the business is located.
Georgia Motor Vehicle Bill of Sale For Truck or Car Forms
We are required to include the following legal disclaimers:
This Georgia Motor Vehicle Bill of Sale For Truck or Car was created by a skilled and seasoned businessman, not an attorney or law firm. Most states do not have specific requirements for a bill of sale unless it involves the sale of a motor vehicle, boat, or other property that requires a title issued by the state in which the buyer lives.
We highly recommend having the Georgia Motor Vehicle Bill of Sale For Truck or Car notarized if it involves a high-priced item and especially if you are not familiar with the buyer. The notary will confirm the identity of both parties so both you and the buyer are more confident concluding the sale.
The bill of sale forms and templates available for free on this site are offered “as is” with no conveyed or expressed warranties of any sort of kind. This includes, but is not fixed to, warranty of fitness for any kind of particular usage or warranty of merchantability. It is your liability to ensure that the bill of sale is legally adequate for your requirements.
By downloading and using any bill of sale or other legal form offered on our website, you assume all liabilities and risks for use of the document. We do not assume any legal responsibility or liability for the accuracy or effectiveness of the legal forms. We will not be accountable for damages or compensation, whether direct, indirect, or incidental, arising from the loss of usage or revenue occurring out of or in connection with the use or execution of any legal form or form template offered on this website.