This Hawaii Motor Vehicle Bill of Sale For Truck or Car is free, as are all of our bill of sale templates. The template is available for free download in both Microsoft Word and PDF. The Hawaii Motor Vehicle Bill of Sale For Truck or Car documents the transfer of ownership of a used car from one party to another, namely from the Seller to the Buyer. Be sure to check the requirements of your local motor vehicle office. Some states require that the bill of sale be notarized.
If you sell cars on a regular basis, our free Hawaii Motor Vehicle Bill of Sale For Truck or Car will save you a ton of work. Once you customize the document with your seller information, you can save the document and reuse it for future sales. Simply enter the buyer’s information along with the details of the car being sold, and print the finished bill of sale.
Example of Hawaii Motor Vehicle Bill of Sale For Truck or Car Form
Required to Register a Motor Vehicle in Hawaii
To register a used motor vehicle in the state of Hawaii you will need the following:
- Application for Registration (available at the DMV office for each of the island)
- Current Hawaii Vehicle Inspection certificate
- Current owner’s registration
- Title from previous owner signed over to you
- Hawaii Motor Vehicle Bill of Sale For Truck or Car Form – MUST BE NOTARIZED
- Valid form of identification
To Transfer Ownership of a Motor Vehicle in Hawaii
- The new owners must print and sign their names on the appropriate lines on the reverse side of the certificate of title. If the vehicle is to be jointly registered, both parties must sign. If the vehicle is being registered in the name of a business, you must have a letter of authorization on file authorizing you to buy vehicles on behalf of the business.
- To complete the transfer, the signed certificate of title, the current certificate of registration, and current safety inspection certificate must be submitted within 30 days to the motor vehicle registration office. A transfer fee of $5.00 will be assessed. If the registration has expired or will expire within 45 days the cost of registration renewal will be calculated and collected from the new owner.
Hawaii Motor Vehicle Bill of Sale For Truck or Car Forms
Choose the appropriate link to download the Hawaii Motor Vehicle Bill of Sale For Truck or Car in either Microsoft Word or fillable PDF. Both versions are free. Most people find the Microsoft Word version is easier to edit and customize but the PDF is easiest to print.
We are required to include the following legal disclaimers:
This Hawaii Motor Vehicle Bill of Sale For Truck or Car was created by a skilled and seasoned businessman, not an attorney or law firm. Most states do not have specific requirements for a bill of sale unless it involves the sale of a motor vehicle, boat, or other property that requires a title issued by the state in which the buyer lives.
We highly recommend having the Hawaii Motor Vehicle Bill of Sale For Truck or Car notarized if it involves a high-priced item and especially if you are not familiar with the buyer. The notary will confirm the identity of both parties so both you and the buyer are more confident concluding the sale.
The bill of sale forms and templates available for free on this site are offered “as is” with no conveyed or expressed warranties of any sort of kind. This includes, but is not fixed to, warranty of fitness for any kind of particular usage or warranty of merchantability. It is your liability to ensure that the bill of sale is legally adequate for your requirements.
By downloading and using any bill of sale or other legal form offered on our website, you assume all liabilities and risks for use of the document. We do not assume any legal responsibility or liability for the accuracy or effectiveness of the legal forms. We will not be accountable for damages or compensation, whether direct, indirect, or incidental, arising from the loss of usage or revenue occurring out of or in connection with the use or execution of any legal form or form template offered on this website.