The IRS Power of Attorney Form 2848 can be executed to authorize another person to represent you before the IRS. The individual you designate must be a person eligible to practice before the IRS such as an attorney, preferably a competent tax attorney.
Click the link below to download the IRS Power of Attorney Form 2848 in either Microsoft Word or PDF format. The PDF has fillable fields into which you can type the required information.
Lines to be Completed on IRS Power of Attorney Form 2848
- Line 1 – Taxpayer Information
- Line 2 – Representative(s)
- Line 3 – Acts Authorized
- Line 4 – Specific Use Not Recorded on the CAF
- Line 5a – Additional Acts Authorized
- Line 5b – Specific Acts Not Authorized
- Line 6 – Retention/Revocation of Prior Power(s) of Attorney
- Line 7 – Taxpayer Declaration and Signature
- Part II – Declaration of Representative (to be completed by the person you are authorizing to represent you on IRS matters.